49 8n front mount dist

erichoff

New User
hello 49 ford front mt 12 volt conversion with electronic dist round coil was square ive read on here that you need no resistor does this include the one behind the dash? thank you eric
 
"ive read on here that you need no resistor "

Keep reading.

It depends on the internal resistance of the round coil you have AND whatever the current requirements are of your EI.

The NAPA IC14SB coil has 3.25 ohms of internal resistance & does not need any external resistor for points systems. Other coils might need a resistor depending on their internal resistance.....BUT, the governing factor will be the directions that came w/ your EI kit.

Remember, points are points.....but not all EI kits are the same.
50 Tips
 
(quoted from post at 21:24:00 05/03/11) hello 49 ford front mt 12 volt conversion with electronic dist round coil was square ive read on here that you need no resistor does this include the one behind the dash? thank you eric

Should have a diagram that came in the box for the EF4FM. I have the one that came with mine, and I believe it said if you use a resistor, it voids the warranty on the E/I? but not sure. I still have the diagram though.

-Horsepoor
892.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top