504 international

CWOLFF

New User
I have a friend that has a 504 that is leaking hydraulic oil out the vent hole under the trans. Its a steady stream. Any ideas what that could be???
 
Are you referring to the opening under the clutch housing that allows access to the clutch release bearing lube fitting? It is located just a few inches to the rear of the engine. Is this where you see the leak ? I think that any leakage there would be a sign of a bad seal on a transmission drive shaft.
 
The way he is decribing it to me, I think your right. It is leaking out the inspection hole. He said it just runs a steady stream. Thank you for insight.
 
I talked to my friend again, and he said that the vent hole is behind the clutch inspection hole and is about 3/4 or 1 inch in diameter. The hole is located in the trans closer to the back. any ideas???
 

Hi wolff

The TA cltch is in a dry compartment which has a vent (drain) hole about 1/2 in dia on the bottom of the clutch housing about halfway back and on the right of center. If oil is leaking there, the seals in the TA are leaking and need to be replaced. A common problem. Takes a double split and the entire TA assembly has to come out.

PS I bought my 504 from a man named Wolfe
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top