52' 8N pie wheel weights

J.Walters

New User
After installing my rebuilt front end loader, I've now found out that everything I pick up...the back wheels come off the ground. I'm now looking for the pie wheel weights or ? to keep the rear end down. Anyone selling some or other ideas, please let me know...

Thank you in advance
 
Pie weights were not recommended for the 8N, although many
people have used them.
Other options include liquid ballast in the tires and internal wheel
weights that bolt to the inside of the rim or a combination of both.
Both of those combined are usually cheaper than pie weights too.

You also have the option of hanging weight off the 3 pt hitch.
The benefits there are two fold. It ads weight to the rear and
since it is behind the rear axle it tends to lift the front end making
steering with the loader on a bit easier.
 
#1 you running it with something on the 3 point or empty.
If your running it with something you may want to look at other things you have on hand and use one that is heavier. On my 841 I have a very heavy back blade on plus 6 85lbs suit case weights on the blade and a 150lbs wheel weight on the center link. But I am also lifting stuff an 8N will not like round bales in the 1800lbs range but I think you get the point. Plus I have fluid in the rear tires
 
One more wheel weight option might be the Industrial style weights like those on my 640. Each section plate weighs about 125 each. Again,If you can find them.

Kirk
100_2504_zpsf3a77372.jpg
 
(quoted from post at 20:58:48 02/10/14) Shipping usually kills weight deals.

Where are you located?

Dean

Dean,
I'm north of Defiance, Ohio. It's the northwest corner of the State, but always willing to take a roadtrip for "guy toys"...

Thank you,
Jamie
 
I have one extra complete set of heavy pie weights but that is a lot of weight for an 8N.

I'm in extreme SE IN near Cincinnati, OH.

Email if interested.

Dean
 
Dean,

I have clicked on your profile and it doesn't have an email address to send anything to you, so I will give you mine...

[email protected]
I would be very interested in the pie weights.

Thank you,
Jamie Walters

(quoted from post at 05:16:40 02/11/14) I have one extra complete set of heavy pie weights but that is a lot of weight for an 8N.

I'm in extreme SE IN near Cincinnati, OH.

Email if interested.

Dean
 
Does anyone have an email address or a way to contact:

Dean
Tractor Guru
Joined: 29 Jan 1998
Posts: 11627

I would like to purchase pie weights from him, but his profile does not have an email.

Thank you,
J.Walters
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top