52 JD A Clutch Problems

CT_Popper

Update
I removed the entire clutch assembly from the tractor. Good news is the crankshaft splines are acceptable. about 3/32"- 1/8" gap between end of crank shaft and end of driver face. Found major problem to be T-bolts frozen up with grease and dirt.(Tractor didn't have a clutch cover on it). Someone had tried to force the hand lever forward and broken the bronze clutch fork because the operating sleeve would not move towards the back of the pulley.
I cleaned everything well but need new toggles, dogs, t-bolts and nuts. I would like some opinions on using the old driver and sliding disk. There is quite a bit of rotational play between the sliding disk gears and the driver gears. There are no sharp edge or burrs. The face of the driver that rides on the bonded or riveted disk is corroded but I can clean that up. What is worst case if I use these parts? I don't see any negative other than possible accelerated disk wear from the additional play?
I will post a link to the worn parts below.
Thanks,
CT_Popper

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=52c380aa5070a0aa!4364&authkey=!AK5RpRlKkannGIQ&ithint=folder%2cJPG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back