555 haybine works great

jon f mn

Got tto cut some hay yesterday with the 830 and 555. Had a few issues to work out before I got started. The pitman arm was broke to start with, Tha was due to it being loose. Then I found the bearings out in the pivot. Was interesting to find out those bearings are the same as a standard 2k trailer axle. Then the belt shredded, I think that was because the tightener was worn and running crooked. So I built up that shaft some so it runs straight again. But after that it runs real well. Cut all afternoon yesterday without any issues. Got about 30 acres done.

cvphoto156304.jpg

cvphoto156305.jpg

cvphoto156307.jpg

No real rain all year this year, but the hay looks pretty decent. Might be the only crop I get this year if it doesn't rain soon.

Jon, It is always nice to see your case equipement at work. For me it's like turning the clock back in time.

Looks like a great job and really enjoy the pictures. Seems like we had one like yours and the hay dried better but then it was open prairie there and tree lined fields now. Just wait til the armadillos make it up your way. They leave mounds of dirt from their digging, not so bad with a haybine but cutting soybeans is hard on the head, both the combine's and the drivers.

Our neighbor had one We had a new john deere 1209. He could cut on days when crop was wet and the deere would not work until hay had dried some. He had that mower when he sold out in early 2000's Never heard him complain about it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back