I have learned more from the archives than I have from my manual.
When should the "break over center" occur? As I pull back on the lever the "break over, snap over" occurs about 2-3" after I start to pull back on the lever. Should it happen half way, center, or closer to the full pull back of the lever?
I put the tractor on my dyno and found that I could get only 30 hp before the PTO would slip. I removed the PTO unit and found a snap ring missing, the front seal not holding as there was not any oil in the PTO and a long way out of adjustment. I am trying to adjust it now after I replace both seals. Thanks for any help. Tom/Idaho
When should the "break over center" occur? As I pull back on the lever the "break over, snap over" occurs about 2-3" after I start to pull back on the lever. Should it happen half way, center, or closer to the full pull back of the lever?
I put the tractor on my dyno and found that I could get only 30 hp before the PTO would slip. I removed the PTO unit and found a snap ring missing, the front seal not holding as there was not any oil in the PTO and a long way out of adjustment. I am trying to adjust it now after I replace both seals. Thanks for any help. Tom/Idaho