580 CK 188 Block heater

WARedneck

New User
I have a 66-67 580 CK without a block heater and would like to know where it should be mounted, as I have access to one. The only water ports that I see are a petcock on the Left rear and the gauge hole in the right rear. Does anyone know for sure?
 
I have a 1961 430 with a 188 Diesel engine. The block heater is installed on the left side of engine, above and between the fuel filter and rear petcock drain, closer to the fuel filter..
Jim
 


Pete, you have the 3.9 CDC engine ,an engine developed by Case and Cummins and a completely different bear, His is the 188 and the heater does go right at the fuel filters, I always removed the filter base prior to trying to remove the plug.
 
It looks like finding a 5/16 square tool is the biggest hurdle. I found one online at Sears and hopefully it will be hear today.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top