Mark Poss
Well-known Member
- Location
- Big Rock Illinois
Do they make a pto shaft increaser for 13/8” on the tractor to 13/4 on the pto shaft? Looking to hook up a hay tedder on my farmall M thanks
I've only seen 2 sizes of PTO shafts and one is 1-1/8 and the other is 1-3/8 inch if I remember the sizes right. The small was common back in the day of the Ford 9N/2N/8N. and yes they make a ORC and other such adapters to go to the standard 1-3/8 shaftDo they make a pto shaft increaser for 13/8” on the tractor to 13/4 on the pto shaft? Looking to hook up a hay tedder on my farmall M thanks
Spline count is needed as well as diameter.I have a John Deere GM with a 13/4 pto shaft. I guess I’ll use that on the Tedder. Tedder is on loan from a friend. I will have to check and see what RPM it is. Thanks for the replies
I just learned something again! I never heard of a 1 and 3/4 inch 6 spline shaft.The 1-3/4" 6-spline 540 rpm PTO is mainly a European thing other than the rare vintage tractors here that used it (like the mentioned Deere G). I would recommend just swapping the yoke on the the driveline for a standard 1-3/8". They make adapters to go from a big shaft to a small shaft - I use one on my Unimog that has the big shaft PTOs - but I've never seen an adapter to go the other way.
6 spllneI will say I hadn't either.
In his first post he wanted to him up from the 1-3/8 shaft on his Farmall M to a male 1-3/4 stub to fit the female tedder yoke. I wonder what tractor the owner of the borrowed tedder was running it with? We still don't know the spline count of the 1-3/4 tedder yoke.
I have one for a dyno alsoI just got a 1 3/4 six spline to 1 3/8 six spline for my dyno tool box, It's been used mainly on some JD G models with that large shaft.
I have a John Deere GM with a 13/4 pto shaft. I guess I’ll use that on the Tedder. Tedder is on loan from a friend. I will have to check and see what RPM it is. Thanks for t
SameI just learned something again! I never heard of a 1 and 3/4 inch 6 spline shaft.
He wants to increase his Farmall M 1-3/8" shaft up to 1-3/4".The PTO on my 1949 John Deere G is 1 3/4" and has a reducer you can bolt on to decrease the shaft size to 1 3/8".
The dealers that sold those machines probably sold a reducers with every piece of equipment that needed one. They should still have reducers in stock to fit common US 1 3/8 540 RPM PTO shafts or they will still will know where you can find one. Maybe the brand's website already has that info and links posted.The 1-3/4" 6-spline 540 rpm PTO is mainly a European thing other than the rare vintage tractors here that used it (like the mentioned Deere G). I would recommend just swapping the yoke on the the driveline for a standard 1-3/8". They make adapters to go from a big shaft to a small shaft - I use one on my Unimog that has the big shaft PTOs - but I've never seen an adapter to go the other way.
There is 1 3/4 - 20 for 1000 RPM.I know nothing about 1000 rpm shafts, but when I googled a 1 3/4 shaft it says that's for 1000 rpm.
I'm going to give the benefit of doubt that ss55 was referring to the equipment dealer!He wants an INCREASER not a reducer. 1-3/8 increased to 1-3/4
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy