600 hydraulic question

mike wallace

New User
Hi:
I have a mid 50's 600 ford tractor with the piston type hydraulic pump. I am thinking about getting a small backhoe attachment. I don't want to buy a PTO pydraulic pump, if I don't have to. I want run quick connect lines to the back. Is my pump big enough to power a BH attachment? Has anyone made a conversion like this, if so how was it done?
Thanks,
Mike Wallace
 
It makes enough pressure (assuming it's working properly), but would be UNBEARABLY slow, with it's low gpm output.
 
I agree with fordfarmer... I have some loaders plumbed off the oem pump using hyd valves or taps ont he hyd cover.. it's just about as slow as you want to get and still get work done.. remember.. the pump is max 4gpm at about 2000 eng rpm I believe.

get a pto pump if this is a live pto unit.. or get a crank driven front pump and a hyd resevoir to match the pump output.

soundguy
 
Sounds like it wouldn't be worth the trouble. My back-up is to make my digger self contained with it's own pump and a 12 hp lawn mower engine for power.
Thanks,
Mike
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top