duckrock

Member
The auburn trencher I just bought came with a right angle drive and was orginially on a 600. Will the bolt patterns and splines from the 600 and 8N be the same or different?
 
I'm not familliar with your trencher or the drive, but I do know that you are going to have to look at the trencher and measure the ID of the coupler. The 8N PTO shaft is 1 1/8" dia. A 600 can be 1 1/8" or 1 3/8" dia. As for the bolt holes lining up, if the drive bolts to the PTO shaft cover, it should be OK since both tractors with the smaller shaft use the same cover. The larger shaft uses a different cover, but has the same bolt circle.
 

You're wrong. My dad had an 850 that had the small 1-1/8 shaft.

I always hated those danged adapter sleeves that were simply a glove on the small shaft so that one could use the 1 3/8 PTO on it without adding length to the shaft. just about every time one uncoupled the thing was fractured and fell in peices on the ground.
 
My 640 came with a 1 1/8" shaft and an adapter sleeve that wiggled on the splines enough to eventually ruin the shaft which was replaced with the larger one. The tractor was 27 years old when I bought it from the original owner, and as I remember, that adapter sleeve lengthened the shaft enough that the PTO cover could not be installed over it.
 
My 850 had a 1-1/8" shaft when I bought it in 1999. I changed it to the larger size. My 850 is a 1955 and pretty original. Still has a vane pump.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top