I am trying to remove the pto shaft from the housing and it seems to be hanging up on something. I looked in the parts fiche and it looks as if the shaft and clutches are one piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
Lustforrust

Have you completely removed the PTO assembly from the tractor and split the housing? When that is done you need to remove the snap ring on the outside/rear of the PTO housing. It seems there was something about ensuring the actuator arms (part number G10439) will move far enough forward to allow the external shaft / clutches assembly to be tapped forward through the bearing with a rubber mallet. I had the PTO out of my 530C (same PTO assembly as your 600B) to repair the clutch pack last winter..... I can't remember all of the details, but I don't recall it being overly complicated. If I recall correctly, getting the clutch pack re-installed in the drum was far more challenging.

One other thought...you may need to use some emery paper on the eternal portion of the shaft to get it smooth enough to get it backed through the bearing, particularly if it's nicked or has paint on it. - Joe

32488.gif
 
Thanks for the info. I did remove the snap ring on the outside and cleaned the pto shaft up with emery cloth. I even took the shaft for the clutch fork out so that it wasn't hanging up. It will go in about half and inch and then seems to hang up. Didn't know if there was some hidden bolt or clip that I needed to remove.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top