611 – B split Part4

chuck machinist

After a thorough cleaning, I found that the piston clutch/clutch piston was loaded with heavy, sediment and trash, I feel that it was preventing the clutch plates from releasing, thus you have gears grinding.. I replaced all seal rings throughout the entire converter. The bushing from the output sleeve, at one end of the shaft was unavailable so I had them reproduced. And spray welded up the PTO input shaft, and re-machined it to acceptable diameter with the output bushing. Assembly was straightforward, but not without the use of a rubber mallet for some persuasion.. We will be installing the torque converter later on this week. Chuck machinist

Attachments

• IMG_3888.jpeg
    IMG_3888.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3886.jpeg
    IMG_3886.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
Thanks for keeping us up on your progress. I need to study my parts book to follow your explanations, this is hard to digest without being there and getting my hands oily.

After a thorough cleaning, I found that the piston clutch/clutch piston was loaded with heavy, sediment and trash, I feel that it was preventing the clutch plates from releasing, thus you have gears grinding.. I replaced all seal rings throughout the entire converter. The bushing from the output sleeve, at one end of the shaft was unavailable so I had them reproduced. And spray welded up the PTO input shaft, and re-machined it to acceptable diameter with the output bushing. Assembly was straightforward, but not without the use of a rubber mallet for some persuasion.. We will be installing the torque converter later on this week. Chuck machinist
Thanks for the tutorial, Chuck.

Thanks for keeping us up on your progress. I need to study my parts book to follow your explanations, this is hard to digest without being there and getting my hands oily.
It was not until I disassembled, while taking many pictures was I able to understand the parts breakdown in the parts book. I reiterate, lots of pictures must be taken on disassembly. Just saying.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back