611 B torque converter rebuild part 5

chuck machinist

With the Case O Matic converter installed and 4 gallons initially put into the torque tube, we have continued with setting the pump. That all went well, and torqued all fasteners to specs. I used all new lock washers. Both filters, Case O Matic and hydraulic were in excellent shape removed inspected and reinstalled. This project has poured slower than molasses . We have a heritage festival in Edenton , North Carolina, Saturday, so all I will get done today is bringing the battery bracket – and linkage into position. safe travels over the memorial day weekend. Chuck machinist.
IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4137.jpeg
IMG_4136.jpeg

Thanks for post. I've found I have to have a parts manual to refer to because my memory sure won't carry me to the finish.
Even after reading the service manual, I find myself referring to it often. Gray matter creeps in unexpectedly.CM

Last edited:
First question mEL asked me to do was perform the pump and clutch pressure test. I used a gauge similar to the 4501AA gauge{pump pressure}, and a 30lb gauge for [clutch pressure ] recommended by Case. Those things like air leak in pump suction tube, restricted or plugged filter{s],should be suspect. That is where I would start before going into a tear down. CM

With the Case O Matic converter installed and 4 gallons initially put into the torque tube, we have continued with setting the pump. That all went well, and torqued all fasteners to specs. I used all new lock washers. Both filters, Case O Matic and hydraulic were in excellent shape removed inspected and reinstalled. This project has poured slower than molasses . We have a heritage festival in Edenton , North Carolina, Saturday, so all I will get done today is bringing the battery bracket – and linkage into position. safe travels over the memorial day weekend. Chuck machinist.
View attachment 72231View attachment 72232View attachment 72233
Looking Good Chuck!

Looking good Chuck! When I did mine I read the manual first, then again before I started reassembly, and still had to repeatedly go back to it anyway.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back