611B wiring question

Mike1959

Hi everyone,
I'm just about done rewiring the 600B/611B and I noticed that the end of the wire for the headlights at the instrument panel has a double connector for the instrument panel lights. There are also two more connections, one to the fuse and one to the rear terminal for the rear light and plug in receptacle. How or what is the best way to make those connections. Does it matter how? I don't have the old wiring for that section to go by. The wiring diagrams I have are not clear on how these are connected. It just shows where the wires go. Thanks for any help. Maybe I am overthinking this.

(quoted from post at 00:13:08 02/28/22) Hi everyone,
I'm just about done rewiring the 600B/611B and I noticed that the end of the wire for the headlights at the instrument panel has a double connector for the instrument panel lights. There are also two more connections, one to the fuse and one to the rear terminal for the rear light and plug in receptacle. How or what is the best way to make those connections. Does it matter how? I don't have the old wiring for that section to go by. The wiring diagrams I have are not clear on how these are connected. It just shows where the wires go. Thanks for any help. Maybe I am overthinking this.
Look at the voltage regulator and where do those wires go. There is your answer.CM

Hi Chuck,
I know where the wires go. I don't think I was clear enough with my question. I was wondering what kind of connection do I need to connect 3 wires to the one. I Wasn't sure what Case did. Since I didn't have the original wire to compare the multiple connections. I can figure out something.

Not sure on your model whether you have a two or three position light switch but the ones I drove as a kid, many years ago, allowed me to work with just the dash and tail light on. Bugs would come from miles around if the head lights were used, so the tail light was used sparingly, just to do a quick check, via the switch on the light housing itself. I wire all of my restorations from the light switch with just the socket Y ed off of the tail light wire. Solder and heat shrink tape your terminal s and you won't have trouble later. I use a grinder to weaken the plastic coverings and throw them away. Makes an original lookig appearance.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back