620 first reduction gear box

I changed all of the fluids on my 620 today. A couple ounces of water came out of the drain plug but no oil. Is this gear completely separated from the rest or did the gear oil from here drain into the transmission?

Thanks
blog on my Deere 620

On my 60, the bearing on the bottom shaft (for the live PTO) had a seal on the side facing the reduction cover. I guess this was to allow the draining of the reduction cover with out draining the transmission. Also, my owners manual says 1 1/2 quarts for the first reduction gear cover and 8 1/2 for the trans. My bearing had water damage-hope yours doesn't.

It is not to be sealed from the transmission and should of been able to maintain the same level as the transmission over time ? You do need to add the proper amount in there when changing the oil as it takes awhile to get there through the bearings.

There is a plug behind engine oil filler hole you use to put oil in the reduction cover inverted square plug seems like 3/4" pipe plug

So you are saying that the first reduction gearbox is tied to the transmission?

So I put 1 1/2 quarts in it after draining. Since their is no dipstick the only way you can check the oil level is through the check plug for the rear end?

Thanks
blog on my Deere 620

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back