'64 2010 RU

jdpackfan

Here are a few pictures of my $800 1964 2010 RU project. Bought this tractor from a neighbor for $800 with an engine knock last June. Yes, #1 bearing was spun.....Now I know, many of you loathe these tractors and I spent some time, patience and little treasure on it to get it right....but I gotta say, I love this thing. It runs like a watch and is great for pulling a 72" bushhog ATH mower or an MX-6. The motor is fresh top to bottom, new clutch, syncro shifter rebuild, carb rebuild, missing correct parts via Mother Deere' e bay, and other great parts suppliers and hydrulics even work! I also discovered this tractor was sold in Canada and had JD dealer decals from Ontario Canada and Made in USA decals under old paint on the hood. This now sits next to my 46 Slant Dash A, 64 3020 gas and my 52 BW which is next after my '55 60 project. Thanks again to Tx Jim, Tim S, Mike Shelby (Popin John) and others on this great site for the help and guidance!!

Gordon
a74839.jpg

a74840.jpg

a74841.jpg

a74842.jpg

a74843.jpg

a74844.jpg

Gordon
Very nice job!! It's a pleasure to see some one not swayed by unpopular opinion . The little treasure spent has not gone to waste as long as you enjoy the tractor, have fun and keep tinkering.. Tx Jim, I think Gordon deserves to move to the head of the class of Expert 2010 mechanics.. LOL
Jo

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back