Gtidwell

I know this is not tractor related yall, but I just wanted to throw it out there. Last Thursday night we were up in Stillwater Ok, getting my daughter moved back in to college. That evening we went swimming at the pool. After that it went down hill. My daughter heard something and went to look. She found me out on the floor nonresponsive. She hollard for my wife. My wife started CPR and had my daughter call 911. Within 2 minutes they were there. They took me in to the hospital and installed one stent. I don't have any good memory of that night until Tuesday. I have had three different therapy sessions per day since. They are.going to release me on Saturday. My wife and son went and met with the officers and paramedics that worked on me that night. I did not have any idea I was going to get hit like this. I have been watching what I eat for several years now
I have not ate fried foods for around 2 years now. I just had to write this down. And remind anyone on here to please take care of yourselves. I hope that no one on here goes through this anytime soon. I was not taking any prescriptions before this , and it looks like I will have 3 scripts when I leave. Thank you to the yesterday forum for making it easy for me to write this down! Y'all take care of yourselves!!!

Wow!

That's scary!

Prayers sent!

Hoping for a full and quick recovery!

I know I'm going to have to have some tests done. I'm fighting hypertension, hands full of pills and the Dr doesn't seem concerned.

I am though, got to be a reason...

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time for a 2 min. response time that makes all the difference in the world. Hope all goes well.

Give your wife and daughter a huge hug. As a long time first responder, and CPR/First Aid instructor, we taught that timely citizen CPR and rapid emergency notification saves lives. They just proved it. Give them my best, and to you also.

How would we manage without our marvellous emergency services? We couldn’t! From our side of the pond Babs and I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you won’t be rattling too much with all the pills.
David and Babs P, South Wales

Welcome back vertical. It is a dramatic feeling to have time missing. Do give your saviors (all of them) thanks from your friends at YT. Jim

Glad you are ok. I had an experience similar to that 5 years ago. You & I were blessed to have had excellent 1st responders. Enjoy your second chance and make the most of it.

Gtidwell, Having died last January due to a heart problem due to a congenital problem I can relate. I too will urge YTer's to pray for themselves rather than for you as this is what your intent is. Sugar is next to poison!! Everyone needs to aim not for a long happy life but rather a long productive life in order to be happy. The experts recommend a minimum of 150 minutes of cardio exercise per week. Working hard physically is not good enough to stay fit. Despite a lot of physical work in a day you have certain muscles that you need to intentionally exercise or they are getting weak. Get going before it is too late!!

I want to thank everyone for their posts. I found out from time 911 call was made till stint was put in was right at 30 minutes. The doctor put the stint in through my wrist instead of my groin or under my arm. They say it takes a specialized doctor to do this. I hope anyone on here does does have to go through this but if you do I hope you get the best of care also. I really think if this had happened when I was home that the outcome would have been different.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back