70 gas gauge

When I turn on the switch on my gas 70 the gauge goes to full regardless of amount in tank. If this a gauge problem, sender problem or what?

On my 70 diesel I have to push the button on the dash for the gauge to read correctly. Dont know if 70 gas is the same

This fuel gauge is a JD gauge and worked when the switch was turned on/of until now. Dad's diesel did indeed have the button, but this one never did It worked fine until it didn't.

any ideas would be appreciated!!

Unhook the sender wire from the sender and see what happens when you turn the switch on. If it didn't move, the sender is likely bad. (The gauges generally go full when the sender terminal is grounded.) If it still goes to full, with the sender wire unhooked from the sender, unhook the sender wire from the gauge and see if it still goes full. If it does not, the wire is likely grounded somewhere along its length. If it goes full when the wire is unhooked, it is likely the gauge is bad.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back