706 Fast Hitch

True Son

Does anyone know of a simple way to re-insert the dog piece on a Fast Hitch

that is held down by a flat piece of steel that holds it in place? Mine came out of

the arm while unhooking my brush hog. Thanks..

Are you talking about the LATCH , , if so just remove the blot that holds the spring in place , there should be two flat long thin pieces that hold the latch in place . Over time they get week and the face of the latch gets rounded and they start to come unlatched when pulling . Sometimes you see #9 fence wrapped around the hitch arms holding the latch down .

Ah yep they can be a PAIN in the drain to get out . and there should be a thick flat SPRING and a thin flat spring . Most times ya find the thin one has been broken and only the long one remains . Now i know you don't have any Zep penetrating fluid so this becomes more difficult , SOOO next up is Blasters ya spray around the head of the bolt AFTER ya get rid of all the Paint , then ya spray up into the hitch socket at the bottom of the bolt . This is NOT going to happen right away and may take several DAYS of soaking top and bottom along with some good wacks on the bolt head with a BMFH Then a good six point socket and try to get it to JUST move and if it moves a little then DROWN it with Panter PEE and turn it back in and spray it from the inside of the hitch socket and turn it out a little more and then more spray and back in working it back and forth . Ya don't want to twist it off .

If you want it out NOW instead of after they've put you in an old folk's home, you need to use heat.

I would find a large nut that fits over the head of the bolt, weld it on there good and hot, let it cool. The bolt will turn right out.

Although if the latch came out you should be able to wedge it back in there without removing the spring.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back