Stewa123

New User
I have a 69 3400 with a 730 loader and am in need of a lift cylinder for it. I had disassembled it and resealed it this winter. At that time the gland was cracked and not available anymore. Had a machine shop make one using the old one as ref. Worked great for a few months but something happened inside the gland and has destroyed the ram. Gouged it terribly. So no glands and no rams are available as new. I have read previous posts about trying to match it with an aftermarket one but not having any luck online with that. I have the 730 manual with all the measurements so have all the details I need.
Wondering if anyone has had some recent luck trying to match one up and where they found it.
I am also searching bone yards for a used but nice one.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Rod can be easily made by a machine
shop, there isn't much that will fit
aftermarket without heavy modification

I am looking into that also. Got 200 plus into this gland that failed me so afraid of having half the worth of the tractor into this one actuator.

I have one but don't know condition. I'll have to check. You have to be careful with some hydraulic shops that work on these. I took a couple to a
shop in Plant City and they trashed some perfectly good cylinders that I could have done better myself. They buggered the chrome all up and used a
sander on them to smooth them out. They wiped so much chrome off that it's showing gray metal in spots. They are industrial hard chromed at the
factory and you can't just take them to a chrome shop and get it re-done.

Just an update and to give this thread some closure. I took my pieces to a hydraulic shop here in town that advertised cylinder repairs. The gland I had previously machined was made out of too hard of steel and rubbed on the ram wrecking it. It was supposed to be made out cast steel. They were able to make another one of those. The ram material is stock rod already chromed. Cut it to length and welded the rod attach on from the old one. Cut the bottom end down and threaded it for the piston packings. Seals coming today and will get it reassembled.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back