8-16 tractor

Charlie M

There is an auction coming up with a 8-16 tractor. I was just wondering if anyone has seen one sell and what it brought. I'm not interested in buying it but you don't see them very often at an auction so I'm just curious.

Those things are so scarce there is no way to 'price' it.Whatever it's 'worth' to YOU. If you want it bad enough,buy it.Whatever it takes. You wont get another chance at one.At auctions,all bets are off. He who says I dont want to pay too much usually comes home empty handed and disapointed.

I'm an hour east of you. My recollection is that up until 1980 you saw stuff like that around. Fordson's. Pre-Depression JD's. Then it seemed like all that stuff vanished. Most likely the owners died and the survivor's had no interest in the old tractors. Very few had any attention paid to them implying that they were being maintained. There was a JD D just down the road that never moved in 25 years then one day it was gone. Nothing was ever plentiful except for a few Fordson's and few Farmall Regular's.

The one I saw is listed on the auction for the steam pageant in Canandaqua. Are you going? If you are an hour east of me you must be pretty close to the pageant grounds.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back