#8 little genius plow restoration

Fuzzy318

New User
Hello. From doing some research I found out I have a #8 little genius 2 bottom plow. I would like to restore it. I have lots of questions about it. I'll start off with the rear wheel (not sure the technical term for it). Does that hub have any seals on the 2 bolt clamp that clamps around the round shift and the hub that the tire bolts to? I'll attach some photos. Is there any kind of seal or race that goes in the groove or does it just rotate metal on metal and you just have to make sure it's pumped full of grease?
cvphoto154405.jpg

cvphoto154406.jpg

Have to grease it daily or more often depending on the amount of use. If just plowing a garden probably once a year would do it. No seals or bearings in there.

correct. Just grease when needed. The tail wheel will need greased more than the ground wheels because it will run in the dirt. And they had factory tire of a taper tread of a 3:50x12 tire but any 4:00x 12 will work or 4:80x 12 trailer tires from a old boat trailer that the tread is to far gone for highway use.

If it would have been factory rubber and not steel with wheels cut down and rims for rubber welded on it would have been sold without tires and to have put 6:00x16 wore out car tires used. They very seldom were sold with new tires due to price when just about any place you could find the car tire with no tread left on then. If clutch side wheel sliped on grass just put a snow chain from the car on.

Fuzzy, where are you located? I have parted out several #8 plows. If you need 15 inch wheels, I have them.
Also, please note the step bushing on each axle to take up the wearing of axle parts. An 1 3/8 inch machine bushing behind the step bushing works well too. And get a manual as they are an invaluable help! Steve Smith AKA Plowman has them.My e-mail is open. Good luck and thank you. Robert Jensen

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back