isuvinny

Member
I went to Deere and bought a 5 gal bucket of 80 - 90 a couple days ago. $122 Ouch!! Then yesterday I stopped in a Theisens farm store and noticed they have 80 - 90 in a 5 gal bucket for $52. Is the Deere oil any better - or are they just sticking it to me??
 
Deere has been "Sticking it to Us" for a long time,, Deere is more of a marketing store, they get what they can get as cheap as they can get it, the double the price,,I use to think I was paying more for quality,,now I am feeling abused....
 
b&d
That would be interesting to know but I imagine oil of the same specs as Deere's is probably cheaper elsewhere.
 
And when your talking about 80-90 wt,,we are just mainly looking at thick and slippery...
 
not just Deere
most dealers and even some auto stores...gear oil, same spec, big $ difference.
I get my 80-90 or my 85-140 at local TSC or autozone...$59.99 a pail.
Had to stop at an autostore....big name chain one, know the owner, long-time relationship. When I need some good parts...I go there, asked the owner about a pail of 85-140 since I was there anyway. He looked it up and said, no, you don't want it. $104

BTW....[i:116be32e2b]When[/i:116be32e2b] is gear oil going to follow the gas/oil prices down? :(
 

I suspect that the cheapest oil you can by now is of a better quality than the best oil you could by when most of our tractors were new.
 
John Deere pretty much showed that they are all about the profit margin and not quality focused any more when they bought A&I parts. Now those same lesser quality parts are finding their way into John Deere packaging too I am told. Don't get me wrong, A&I parts likely are as good as JD parts, but that was not always the case, JD just lowered their standards and raised their prices.
 
They also showed use what they thought of us when they allowed and pushed for "Mega Dealers" eliminating local competition..
 
(quoted from post at 19:35:12 08/05/15) They also showed use what they thought of us when they allowed and pushed for "Mega Dealers" eliminating local competition..
Mark, you said that right. Quality has bought 2 dealerships in our area and both parts managers told me,"We used to keep these older parts but not anymore".
 
(quoted from post at 22:14:37 08/05/15) John Deere pretty much showed that they are all about the profit margin and not quality focused any more when they bought A&I parts. Now those same lesser quality parts are finding their way into John Deere packaging too I am told. Don't get me wrong, A&I parts likely are as good as JD parts, but that was not always the case, JD just lowered their standards and raised their prices.

Do you run your business to give product away at cost. Should Mother Deere give product away at cost ?
 
Did they even have 80/90 in the thirties and forties or just single viscosity oil?
 
New Holland parts are no cheaper. Needed a 12 tooth sprocket for my grinder mixer. $91 dollars PLUS $6 freight!!!. Told them I didn't want it painted green. It fits in the palm of my hand
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top