800B won't pick up oil pressure

Tgrasher

Finally got time to put 800B back together, had both heads redone because of gasket leaks. Turned motor over with decompression engaged for quite some time and never had oil up at rocker arms. Thinking pump has lost prime and plan to feed oil to the pump to see if will pick up pressure. Anyone had this happen and any suggestions as to where oil would best be fed to pump? Oil pressure was good before this repair. Thanks for any ideas.

Oil galley is under the starter where the oil pressure gauge is connected. Maybe can pump oil backwards thru the system to pressurize the galley. Not much oil gets to the top of the rockers anyway. Think I would start it to confirm oil pressure and worry about the rockers later. O ring did get put on the rocker pickup tube, I assume.

That pump hangs down far enough to be completely submerged, I doubt it is not primed, I would put a gauge into the block directly and try it. There are a couple plugs with screwdriver slots that can removed, 1/8 pipe thread.

Success, for some "unknown reason", tractor started right up after being bleed of air. Either I'm getting better at it or today was a lucky day. Oil pressure showed on the gage and after a couple minutes of running, black oil started to show around the rocker assemblies. Now to let it run for about an hour and retorque the heads and recheck the valves. Thanks for the replies, it's good to have the support.

Attachments

• 20240607_112815.jpg
    20240607_112815.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 21

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back