806 gas pistons

cstrucks

I'm looking for a set of .060 pistons and rings for a C301 gas in a 806 I'm rebuilding. I have found .03 and .04 but not sure it will clean up with the .04s. Would anyone know who might have them?
Thanks

Who ever rebuilt it last time, bored the cylinders over. pistons have been slapping. The clearance is .015-.020

They do not list .060 over in the YT parts listing which I
suspect you checked. A web search shows the YT
parent company All States Ag Parts as carrying
.060 rings so I suspect they may have pistons as well,
call them. See link.
ASAP

thats a lot of cyl. wear, must have big ridge at the top. what are they bored to now ? might have to make and install sleeves back to
standard.

Agkits, Reliance, Jens Sales, Bates anything that comes up when you search ..IH C301 0.060 pistons.. Who is doing the boring work? Have you asked them if they can source some?

Edit to add zero between decimal and 6

This post was edited by used red MN on 04/15/2022 at 12:57 pm.

Sealed Power 2273P.060 will work if you can find them. If you replace all 6 pistons 2273P will work before and after ser # 4996.

My 806 was 040 over when we got into it. Honed it out, but number 1 was scored a little. Put it back
together and had piston slap. Finally took a skirt off number 1.

Bore it to accept a sleeve for a standard size sleeve. This way you could replace the sleeves without having to redo everything again and the sleeves could be pulled to rebuild a second time if needed. No new sleeves would have t be made in the future just replace with OEM sleves.

Sounds like hes measuring the ring lands. I cant believe he could have .020 at the skirt and not have broken up stuff.

Ask this in the tractor pulling forums, a lot of pullers use the c301 in 460s and 560s. I believe I have herd they use gm 366 pistons.

Key is, "if you can find them." There can't be much demand for .060 over pistons for a C301, if any. You'd be scrounging for an NOS set someone has setting on a back shelf in a dusty corner of an old parts room from before the days of the Internet.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back