841 Ford with Elenco 4x4 conversion

Hello all,
I picked up an 841 Ford with an Elenco 4x4 conversion. Dont know much about it. Front driveshaft is missing. How do I find out if anything is broke? Any idea where to pick up a driveshaft?
Also, I need to know what size tires I need for the front. Back are 16.9x24 Thank you for any info. Brad

does your Elenco gearbox have a clutch pack on the back of it with a large hex nut? If not, you'll need a driveshaft with a slip clutch pack on it just ahead of the differential.

See if your gear box yoke cant be turned when stopped or that it does spin when the tractor is in motion. Also, the front differential yoke should spin when the tractor is moving, and you shouldnt be able to turn it when the tractor is stopped (unless your axle has lock out hubs. The front ring and pinions are often chewed up on these tractors due to miss-matched tires putting a strain on those gears. See link below for a disscussion on tire sizes and a chart link.

PAGING TONY JACOBS!
yt elenco

The person you need to talk to is Tony Jacobs.
He owns the Elenco 4x4 conversion company.
I have not seen him respond to post on here in years so I do not know if this contact info is still current.

Tony Jacobs
5 Whitney Avenue Monson, Ma 01057
413-267-5087

Thats the correct number. He rebuilt/ repaired my transmission in my 961 this year. Dropped it off in late October.

Vito

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back