itmeagain

I turned the key off . and then I turned over to find 1 as soon I did I got a big bang out with black smoke out of the exhaust pipe and it to the cover and shot in the air about 50 feet remember there was no power to the coil . the wire was cut to make a new one, but it was not installed yet I got everything replaced I did a new complete tune-up, and still no fire from the new coil the ballast got hot came the new coil what s that did wrong

I turned the key off . and then I turned over to find 1 as soon I did I got a big bang out with black smoke out of the exhaust pipe and it to the cover and shot in the air about 50 feet remember there was no power to the coil . the wire was cut to make a new one, but it was not installed yet I got everything replaced I did a new complete tune-up, and still no fire from the new coil the ballast got hot came the new coil what s that did wrong

Please read your post as if you didn't know what you meant to say and see if you can figure it out or, better yet, get a friend or relative to read that post and try to figure out what you are saying and asking, because I am completely at a loss. As for punctuation, some appears to be missing, and you do not need a space before a period at the end of a sentence.

so sorry I am not best writer in the world. but I thank you for this info. so I retry again. wish font larger. my vision not best so sorry I have problem with high sugar
which mess with eyes and my feet sorry for please bare with me

I turned the key off . then I turned over to find 1 cylinder. as soon I did, I got a big bang out. with black smoke out of the exhaust pipe . it took the muffler cover
off the exhaust and shot in the air about 50 feet remember there was no power to the coil. the wire was cut to make a new wire one. but it was not installed yet. I got
everything replaced . I did a new complete tune-up, and still no fire. from the new coil the ballast got hot came the new coil what did wrong

I am going to try and interpret what you have posted.
I think you are saying there is no power to the coil at all as the wire is cut. You were attempting to find TDC on cylinder #1 and when you activated the starter to turn the engine over there was a loud explosion that blew the muffler cover off.
Even with all of that it really doesn't make much sense knowing anything about how a gasoline engine operates.
For what it's worth spell check works fine on my computer.

By muffler cover, I guess you mean the rain flap? For such a violent explosion to occur and blow the rain flap that far in the air, something had to have caused a spark when the exhaust valve was open on one of the cylinders. I do not know how it was wired before the wire was cut, but somehow there was power to the coil. Maybe the condenser had been charged up prior to you cutting the wire, and this was the first time that the engine was turned after that? If that was the case then the points closing and opening could have caused the condenser to discharge which could have caused the coil to fire even if the power wire to the coil was no longer connected. I'm not sure if that is possible but it's the only thing I can think of.

Clearly there was unburned fuel in the exhaust, and something ignited that fuel. It's no surprise there was fuel in the exhaust, given that you were cranking the engine with no spark. The mystery is what ignited that fuel. I can't answer that, but I suggest you leave your exhaust 'cover' (tin can?) off while cranking the engine. That will give gasoline vapors a chance to disperse, and, if the engine does backfire, it shouldn't be quite as violent.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back