856 International Hydraulics

PL

New User
I have an 856 International that we set up to round bale with. When we first hooked it up it would only raise
Lift gate a foot or so. After doing some research I changed the relief valve from 1600 psi that was in it to a 2300 psi one. Everything worked great, today after finished, pulled off to side and wanted to raise lift gate and clean any loose hay out, would not raise.? Only bales 33 bales but never had one issue until I finished. Tractor is new to me, I have changed all fluids and
Filters in the tractor before we started hay season.
Was going to get hydraulic psi gauge and hook up to remote port and see what psi I have.
Any suggestions on what else I should check?

Should add, tractor has TA which still works fine, steering
and 3pt hitch lift arms still work also.

This post was edited by PL on 06/19/2022 at 04:58 pm.

Check your male and female hydraulic couplers. Make sure the match or the points are not worn down on the IH ones.
Check the pin on the end next to the control valve under the seat. The pin for the outside lever can wear or be partly out and
does not open the valve far enough.

Quick check, does valve latch when pulling lever to raise gate. If it latches and stays that shows
you that you don't have enough pressure to both raise gate and also to unlatch valve from detent.
What happens a lot is some how you pushed the hitch position control lever all the way down in slot
and that dumps most oil to reservoir. So, make sure hitch is at least part way up.

Now on the other hand , if valve latches ok when engine is not running but will not stay latched
when try ing to lift gate, the oil is blocked from getting through or ovrloaded. Couplers are huge
problem when this happens especially if you have adaptors on couplers.

With 2300 psi, you may have blown the o ring behind pump mount.

(quoted from post at 07:08:11 06/20/22) Going off what Pete says do you move the lever forward to lift the gate? If so maybe you pushed it into the float position.

The way I have it hooked up you pull lever up or
back to lift gate, push down or
forward to close gate.

Hooked up hydraulic PSI gauge to the remote valve and it went right to 2200-2300. When I hooked back up everything works. I did check both ends of hydraulic coupler to see if worn on ends to where it would not open all the way, they both looked good. I thought hydraulic oil looked lighter or slightly milky yesterday, thought possibly due to hilly terrain I was on somehow sucked air. Oil had golden color today, I decided to try doing the 2 gallon over full to see if that makes any difference.
Thanks for the feedback

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back