ll just make this easy for you assuming it has the OE setup (it should). New Holland part number 86546605. If you dont have a New Holland dealer near your local Napa might stock the filter needed (call first). Baldwin part number TWD P40. There is also a Napa gold cross also (usually made by Wix) FIL 1010. Regardless make sure whichever you get make sure it has the o-ring.(quoted from post at 18:47:03 07/23/21) I am looking for the oil filter number or size or brand for our 8N-C.
f you didnt already know the tranny holds 5ish gallons of oil (if shes been sitting likely some water too). There are three plugs. If you lack a super huge oil catch can with a huge opening (many do) I suggest start your drain on the rear most plug which is supposed to be a square headed 3/4 (I believe thats what it is anyways) NPT pipe plug. A lot easier and slower of a drain than the other 2x 2 plugs. If you have a big barrel to drain into then disregard the above.(quoted from post at 08:12:11 07/24/21) Thank you so much for the welcome and the oil filter sizes. It is still the original canister type. The oil is black sludge and we need to change it before we put her to work. Most likely will change the transmission fluid as well to make sure she can work properly.
(quoted from post at 18:47:03 07/23/21) I am looking for the oil filter number or size or brand for our 8N-C.
(quoted from post at 22:06:20 07/24/21)(quoted from post at 18:47:03 07/23/21) I am looking for the oil filter number or size or brand for our 8N-C.
What is an 8N-[color=red:74e07eabbc]C[/color:74e07eabbc] ? What's the C for?
(quoted from post at 05:13:04 07/25/21) Means relatively nothing of importance.
Tim Daley(MI)
It tells us that you have a late model 8N, or at least the engine,(quoted from post at 18:10:51 07/25/21)I thought it might be important. lol Apparently not.
(quoted from post at 17:21:23 07/25/21)It tells us that you have a late model 8N, or at least the engine,(quoted from post at 18:10:51 07/25/21)I thought it might be important. lol Apparently not.
which is important because there were a lot of changes between
the early models and the later models!
For the oil filter, as far as I know, they remained the same.
Cary, the model number did not change, they were the same.(quoted from post at 21:22:39 07/25/21)(quoted from post at 17:21:23 07/25/21)It tells us that you have a late model 8N, or at least the engine,(quoted from post at 18:10:51 07/25/21)I thought it might be important. lol Apparently not.
which is important because there were a lot of changes between
the early models and the later models!
For the oil filter, as far as I know, they remained the same.
Hmmm...I've got all the manuals on the 8N and nowhere in any of them does it mention anything about any letter after 8N.
Mine is a 1951, with 8N-C cast into the block near the starter. I ascribed no particular importance to it, other than a later model. Makes no difference for parts, best I can tell. zuhnc
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy