8n disc implement build

Gearmpr

New User
I have a 56 ford 8n I'm looking to build a discer for, I have a center buster and I'd like to use that as the base to weld additional tools to. I'd like to start with a pair of discs and eventually some furrowers. But I've never built a tractor implement before. Does anyone here have any good specs or plans to give me some idea on where to start?
 
NO such thing as a 56 8N last year for the 8N was 1952 and in 53 they came out with the Jubilee then in 54 the NAA and in 55 the 600/800 series.
That said it would be hard to build a disk for the cost of buying one new or used and not likely to work as well as a factory built one
 

What Old said. Even going to TSC and buying new you'll be money ahead. There are thousands of small discs out there for under $500.00, many for much less. And don't get anything much wider than your tractor. You don't have a lot of tractor to start with, going to big is just a waste of time. 5-6 foot is plenty.
 
As the others say, its kinda hard to engineer from the ground up for what a good used one will cost you?

Can put together a carry all from the scrap iron pile for that creative itch?

Paul
 
If you just want a couple of disc for opening and closing furrows and hilling you can just build or buy a 3pt tool bar and add what you need even adding cultivator that would be find but if your trying to build one like the disc attached to my 8n than it would probably be cheaper to buy one than build one. There are plenty out there. I just sold one for a friend for $300 this past week.

Kirk
100_3783_zpsllpwsh8r.jpg
 
I paid $150 for this Dearborn Ford disc. It is too heavy for my 52 8N without weight on the front.
Case VAC handles it well.
Richard in NW SC
a220269.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top