8N Hydraulic Lift Issues Again

Orion231

So, I rebuilt everything in the top cover including a new cylinder and the new style piston and seal. Did my best to get it adjusted correctly. I also rebuilt the pump with new scotch yokes, bushings and new pump piston block assemblies. I installed the new pressure relief valve. When I first fired it up it took a few minutes and cycles to bring up the pressure but once up, it was working fine all though the arms went a bit higher than the original. I loaded it with my back blade and it held that in the up position overnight with no settling.

Now, I have started to use it with the back blade and something has happened. It will lift all the way but it will settle with the pump disengaged (clutch in so PTO isn't turning) in less than a minute. Unloaded the pump sounds fine but with it loaded by the blade, I hear a bit of rattle to it that I relate to noise from the scotch yokes. With the pump running I have to run the control arm almost all the way down before the blade will lower and then it drops quickly. A few times the blade has failed to move up or down with the changes to the control arm.

I haven't pulled the dipstick side cover off to see if I have any leaking from the top cover or bubbles in the pump area. Its too wet and cold outside right now so was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what is suddenly causing the problem with only 10 or so cycles on all the new parts. Is it possible the new piston and leather seal have failed? Also, why would the scotch yokes be making noise under load, do they need to break-in to get quiet??

Thanks....

I haven't pulled the dipstick side cover off to see if I have any leaking from the top cover or bubbles in the pump area.

Until you do that, one guess is just as good as another.

Post back and tell us what you saw.
75 Tips

When you can get back to it, try adjusting the control lever quadrant by loosening the four bolts and moving it for or aft.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back