My 8N is not charging. I followed the steps in the manual (jumping various terminals at the regulator, etc.) and determined the generator was the problem. I dis-assembled the generator and found it to be in really nice condition on the inside (most generators I've pulled apart had 50 years of rigging, dirt, & wear on the inside). I checked the field coils for continuity: good. Checked the field coils for continuity to the housing (a short): good, no continuity.
However, when I connect an ohm meter between the field coils and the housing, I get 3.95K ohms. Is that normal? Shouldn't the ohm meter read infinity? Don't think I've ever come across this situation before.
See picture for for further details.
Thanks.
This post was edited by dkkj on 07/16/2022 at 02:24 am.
However, when I connect an ohm meter between the field coils and the housing, I get 3.95K ohms. Is that normal? Shouldn't the ohm meter read infinity? Don't think I've ever come across this situation before.
See picture for for further details.
Thanks.
This post was edited by dkkj on 07/16/2022 at 02:24 am.