8N paint color dilema

montidale

Well I'm finally getting around to paint the 8N .I was able to able to get the rims the right color, but the PPG 32675 grey doesn't seem like the color I'm looking for. Is the 326575 [wheel] close to the original color or is the color of the headlight closer? I seems I see a few 8N's painted closer to the headlight color. I'd be interested in any input from you guys. I'd like to make a decision on the correct color before I paint all the tin and wheels.

cvphoto128637.jpg

cvphoto128638.jpg

cvphoto128639.jpg

Ive been doing a little searching today on the Internet. I came up with a PPG Number DAR31657 that could possibly be the right color. I hate to mix up another quart of paint and it be the wrong color again And have to pay for it.

If John Smith uses it then its correct.

8N GRAY:
a) PPG DELSTAR DAR 31657, (OLD DITZLER NUMBER) John Smith's preference.
b) TISCO TP240LF, FORD MEDIUM GRAY.
c) CNH/ NEW HOLLAND GRAY.

Amen to John Smith knowing what he's doing! Great guy!
This is the Tisco version and it looks good too.

mvphoto93578.jpg

That first picture was from about 2018 when I finished it.
This one is from today when I took it to my sister's house and spread 5 tons of crushed concrete in her driveway.
Easy work for an 8N, not so much with a handheld rake!

mvphoto93579.jpg

Royse, Nice looking tractor. That looks like the color weve been looking for. Well have to go with John Smiths paint numbers. I noticed you left the
wheel studs and hub red. And painted the wheel studs the color of the rims. Was that the way it came from the factory? Thank you and everyone else
for the replies. Hopefully this week I can get the wheels repainted and start on the red. Dale

montidale , The lug nuts were originally Cadmium plated,but lug nuts painted the rim grey like Royse painted them.The studs and hubs painted red, not the red, lug nuts,Gray nuts looks the best.
Royse does fine quality workman ship in all his projects!

This post was edited by Den N Ms on 06/21/2022 at 07:12 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back