8N Pinion Change Problems

Pace F20s

New User
I am (or was going to try)replacing the pinion in my 52 8N because of some damage on it. I have a good one and the ring gear doesn't look too bad, and I don't have a ring gear. When I tighten the left axle housing, the ring gear and pinion bind. Loosening the axle housing about the thickness of a thick gasket releases the binding. According to the book, there is no backlash adjustment. The book doesn't say anything about replacing them as a set. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks
 
b. Differential Assembly. The drive gear assembly (including the differential gear case) and the drive pinion are furnished only in matched sets, and, if either is damaged, both must be replaced.Replace the drive gear assembly if it has chipped or missing teeth,or loose or missing drive gear rivets.

<a href="http://www.external_link/ford-8n-9n-2n-online-service-manual/pg_0082.jpg">
http://www.external_link/ford-8n-9n-2n-online-service-manual/pg_0082.jpg</a>

<a href="http://www.external_link/ford-8n-9n-2n-online-service-manual/index.htm">
http://www.external_link/ford-8n-9n-2n-online-service-manual/index.htm</a>
 
Dunk....there was a revision to this statement.Tech bulletin says replacing in match sets is not required. don b
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top