8N rear End

I have jusy bought a 8n that I thought I got for a good price (1100) but now after I have dug in and started repairing it FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A 9nREAR END BUT!!! I find that it has a HF To20 REAR END (I THINK) But I find this out after I replaced the lift CYL PISTON with a 8n piston,WILL THIS WORK??? THANKS FOR ANY HELP

JUST HAD A THOUGHT WILL THE POT SEAL WORK AS WELL I BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE TOO.
 
Chris......what's a POT seal???

When Harry and Henry split the blanket, Harry took all the original 9N drawings with him. Plus he had ALL the patents on everything. Ford had NO patents.

When Harry, with the backing of England's Exchequer (Queen's Treasury), began production of the TO-20 in the US, he just "copied" the original 9N's drawings. Except for the engine, which was an imported OHV Standard Triumph sportscar engine.

Despite rumors of "incompatibility", indeed many of the HF parts are interchangeable with 9N/2N's but NOT with 4-speed 8N's. Infact Ferguson Tractor published an "Interchangeable List".

As fer the "better" NAA hydraulic piston fitting yer hermaphrodite, Both the 9N and TO use the same piston according to the Ferguson interchange book ........Dell
 
as told to me by my dad, who was assigned to the ford highland park tractor plant operations as a maintenance person at the time: "when ford split from ferguson,harry ferguson sent engineering and knowligable maintenance people into the plant to select half of all machining and assembly equipment as part of the court settlement, "the people from ferguson were allowed to record and fix a tag to the equipment that they chose, this equipment was relocated back to the ferguson plant to be used for ferguson manufacturing, the people from ferguson were very well skilled and picked the best equipment from what was available.
 
(quoted from post at 23:45:53 11/27/09) as told to me by my dad, who was assigned to the ford highland park tractor plant operations as a maintenance person at the time: "when ford split from ferguson,harry ferguson sent engineering and knowligable maintenance people into the plant to select half of all machining and assembly equipment as part of the court settlement, "the people from ferguson were allowed to record and fix a tag to the equipment that they chose, this equipment was relocated back to the ferguson plant to be used for ferguson manufacturing, the people from ferguson were very well skilled and picked the best equipment from what was available.

Wasn't that a party!!!

Ell, it would almost, "Crank Yer Tractor"!!!!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top