8n Throttle Plate Replacement

Matt Lewis

New User
Can anyone tell me how to replace the Throttle plate on my 1952 8N side mount?

The notches have worn down and I can"t keep the throttle high enough to keep discing.

Thanks,

Matt
 
Matt.......would you believe they sell new throttle plated here on Yesterdays Tractors? ($8.50, cheap)

In the meantime, you can "tighten-up" yer throttle shaft by compressing the spring pinch-arm "higher" down at the bottom of yer throttle shaft under yer battery tray. Look.

Others claim you can "rotate" the ball in the throttle pointer that rides across yer notches so the ball is now re-round and not flat so it sticks in the notches better. It should be intuitively obvious that you will haffta remove yer throttle shaft to access the under-side of yer throttle pointer. .......Dell
wm_8N9889A.jpg
 
The farmerized fix - my older 8N was doing this and I was in a hurry, so I took out the welder & put 2 spots on the quadrant - 1 for mowing @ 540 PTO RPM & 1 for WOT. Cob house fix, but saved time and replacement xpenze. If you have the time to order - I suggest doing it right.
 
Here is a copy of the article I wrote for the N Newsletter that should help.

At a minimum, you need to replace the plate and the ball in the throttle rod.
ThrottlePlate1.jpg

ThrottlePlate2.jpg

50 Tips
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top