8N Transmission Oil Problem

Wendy Fi

New User

Help. I drained the oil from the transmission and rear end from my 8N, and when I filled it, the oil stayed in the transmission. Is the rear end/hydraulic system the same chamber? If they are seperate, how do I fill the rear end?? Will it drain there by itself?
THanks in advacne!
 
yes the transmission and rear end oil is all the same oil. There are three drain holes so you can get it all out of the various nooks and crannies, but its all one big common reservoir.
 
I am not an expert,but will recomend you get a manual[I&T-F-O4 is best]that you can buy at most farm stores,web sites etc.good luck---lha
 
Yes you need to drain all three compartments. the drain for the rear one will be on drivers left by rear axle. It is a square pipe plug unlike the other two. You should have about 5 gallons when you drain it. I just did mine and when I put it back in, I just poured it all in the transmission cover.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top