8N Won't Start

Problem solved. for those of you who predicted timing, you nailed it. I started from ground zero, pulled the distributer and worked my way up. I don't know how the timing got so far off but it's running good now. Thanks to everyone who had suggestions. It blows me away to see how helpful the members are on this forum.

I'm not familiar with your previous posts. What did you have to do to get the timing correct?
Thanks.
Selected the correct set of timing marks on the flywheel. There are 2. Set the flywheel at +4 degrees advanced. Inserted the distributor with the rotor pointing at the #1 plug wire contact on the cap. Using my multimeter determined exactly where the points started to open and locked the distributor down. Reassembled and voila.

Selected the correct set of timing marks on the flywheel. There are 2. Set the flywheel at +4 degrees advanced. Inserted the distributor with the rotor pointing at the #1 plug wire contact on the cap. Using my multimeter determined exactly where the points started to open and locked the distributor down. Reassembled and voila.
Thanks, for letting me know.

Thanks for the update Bill. Glad you got it running good. So often, we never hear from the poster if they found their problem or not.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back