913hp max Deere 9rx830

fdt860

Did you notice this big tractor? Power is 8 times that of a 4020, or twice as the 9410, 25 years ago.
It seems that everywhere in the world there are fools buying them.
No tools can really use all of that power.

Deere said to use the 45ft high speed disk to gain speed vs the 9640rx....

Did you notice this big tractor? Power is 8 times that of a 4020, or twice as the 9410, 25 years ago.

The Big Bud tractors have been (and are being made) in the high hp category. 50 plus foot cultivators are used at 9 to 12 mph with no issues. Jim

I've been a farmer all my life but when I go to a modern farm show I can't even recognise what I'm looking at. I might just as well be looking at a spaceship.

WONDERFUL innovation from a great American company!

A high speed disc will use all the power a 9620r has. I guarantee someone will build an implement that'll use all the power this thing has

You need to realize farming isn't the same everywhere because you are dead wrong. 100ft air drills with 1,300 bu carts and then throw in a liquid fertilizer cart can make use of these new tractors . Even 75-80ft air drills need 700 hp if you farm anything but flat ground. And one thing you are forgetting is the hydrualics. It takes power to make 100+ gpm flow these air drills require. These 9RXs can be spec'd up to 168 gpm with triple pumps and if used to full capacity the number I am hearing is over 200 hp is needed.

Last edited:
You need to realize farming isn't the same everywhere because you are dead wrong. 100ft air drills with 1,300 bu carts and then throw in a liquid fertilizer cart can make use of these new tractors . Even 75-80ft air drills need 700 hp if you farm anything but flat ground. And one thing you are forgetting is the hydrualics. It takes power to make 100+ gpm flow these air drills require. These 9RXs can be spec'd up to 168 gpm with triple pumps and if used to full capacity the number I am hearing is over 200 hp is needed.
168 gpm @ 2000 psi is 195 hp potential. So take a bit more than that to power the pumps.

I've been a farmer all my life but when I go to a modern farm show I can't even recognise what I'm looking at. I might just as well be looking at a spaceship.
I would venture some of the first spaceships were simpler and cost less to develop than some of todays farm equipment.

You got that right. My renter farms upwards of 20,000 acres and most fields are 160 to 320 acres or more. He needs to cover a lot of ground fast since it's just him and his 2 sons. It takes some big equipment to cover that much ground.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back