953 running gear

I have a 953 running gear with W-14020 hubs on it which shows for the newer gear. is there anyway knowing which seal, cups and cones I need to get outside of taking it apart. not sure if it will need different seal and bearings due to the hub/ spindle combination vs what is in the part catalog for the 953 or the 1064 and newer?

If the bearings are good I wouldn't replace them just clean and repack. New ones will be from the land of almost right.... Take a old seal to local bearing store or measure and use internet

I agree if brg rollers & races aren't pitted I'd repack them & use them.

Part # search on JDparts reveals W14020 fits 7 models of JD wagons. 2nd photo lists JD part # for hub components.

mvphoto96706.png

mvphoto96707.png

I know the spindles (and bearings/seals) are different on the 953 and the 1065, from just doing the bearings on one of each this year. The 953 (tapered spindle) used two different size bearings and the 1065 (straight spindle) used the same bearings for inner and outer. I would say it would be best to pull one apart and see what you have. YMMV

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back