coonie minnie

So I did a little retail therapy this afternoon, and another 953 wagon followed me home.

It's a long hubbed one, so 1955 or older, and still trailed almost perfectly at 45 mph.

I had to think on the way home if the engineers who designed those things- in about 1940- imagined them being towed at road speeds in 2022.

Anybody have an idea as to how many were built? It had to be a lot.

We have 10 953's with hay beds on them,, a couple my Dad bought new in 1953,,they have been over loaded thousands of times, and I can't imagine how many miles are on them,,they all track 45-50 mph empty, a lot of times 2 or 3 at a time,, they are a great wagon.

Just guessing but I would imagine that 953 and 963 wagons number into the hundreds of thousands. Just like number 5 mowers, B drills, and 494 planters a lot of farms that did not have much in the way of JD equipment had those basic models.

Always wanted a JD wagon, but you might as well just keep your hand up in the air when bidding on one because they bring good prices around here. I have shoveled tons of ear corn out of them.

Around here 953 and 963 wagons bring 150-300 dollars by themselves with tires that at least hold air and most are in fair shape.
1064 and 1065 wagons in good condition will bring several hundred dollars. 1075 and 770 wagons are where the big money is as they
hold respectable weight for a grain box.

We can regularly throw 150 bales on our 953 wagons. For their age and cost, best value out there.
cvphoto132706.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back