9N Quadrant Calibration

Tuttle37

New User
1939 9N, rebuilt Hydraulics in the process of calibrating the Quadrant lever. Procedure requires set lever to 2 1/2 inches down to start lowering the 3 point. Problem mine starts to lower at 6 inches. Any suggestions?

Loosen the four bolts at the quadrant and move it for or aft until it meets the 2 1//2 inch requirement.

Update, have followed procedure for the action that you recommended. Moved the quadrant both forward and backward with little change in lift location. Have also set the draft control spring per instructions (F04)

'
(quoted from post at 17:29:55 10/10/23) Update, have followed procedure for the action that you recommended. Moved the quadrant both forward and backward with little change in lift location. Have also set the draft control spring per instructions (F04)
raft control plunger stop plate wear may cause your problem. New part or washer may fix. However, since your tractor does not have "position" control and is therefore only "up or "down", I don't see why where the lever point where it changes from up to down matters unless you are just hung up on being by the book.
Ds89v3V.png

h6IJbqj.png

Sounds to me if you are lossing the 4 bolts and adjusting and its not changing that the acutlay end of the lift quadrent arm that interacts with the valve fork is probably warn heavaly enough to cause it to be un adustable. Pull the while quadent lever out and see if it is warn. If it is warn youll seeit will be all egged. If glyou can weld just weld up the warn part and grind is smooth if not bring it to someone ro weld up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back