9N-repair or not repair

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

BryGuy

Picked this up from an estate recently. The son remembered it running before it was parked but not well.
I took the head off after not being able to free up the exhaust valve on #4.This is the mess I saw. Cylinder #3 has the same issues but the valves is bent or broke, just stuck.

Do I go through and do a valve job? I don't know anyone with pilots or cutters to use. With adjustable valves and the tools I could be in this for $500 more ( I paid scrap price for the tractor). The transmission wont shift into gear and there is zero fluid on the dip stick, just rust welded to the stick.

I started taking parts off to hide away for the next project but it makes me crazy thinking its fixable but at what cost.
cvphoto152721.jpg

cvphoto152722.jpg

cvphoto152723.jpg

(quoted from post at 06:00:58 04/18/23) I forgot to mention all 4 tires are completely shot and one rear rim is rusted out.

Along with the engine condition, I'd save a buttload of money and buy a better running clean one and strip this one for parts.

Around here at least I can pick up a nice working 2/9/8n for ab out $1500. You'll spend that much plus on just the tires.

(quoted from post at 07:05:00 04/18/23)
(quoted from post at 06:00:58 04/18/23) I forgot to mention all 4 tires are completely shot and one rear rim is rusted out.

Along with the engine condition, I'd save a buttload of money and buy a better running clean one and strip this one for parts.

Around here at least I can pick up a nice working 2/9/8n for ab out $1500. You'll spend that much plus on just the tires.

^^^What he said. Throw a tarp over it so it don't get worse, maybe put the head/covers back on.

Lots of usable parts there. I'd buy it for the parts. You'll be able to get your investment back.

Where you located?

(quoted from post at 09:38:18 04/18/23)

'I don't know anyone with pilots or cutters to use.'

iirc, one or more of our users here are willing to loan theirs. stay tuned.

Pulled the plug on the hydraulics (needed the pipe, 2x12 and bottle jack trick). Nothing but water. Tires and hydraulic pump come off today. I've never taken the hydraulic top over off, with the arms and that sucker has some weight. The radiator looks nice.
I give guys credit for doing this for a living. Its' a lot of work

There's a indicator light of some sort in the dash that I cannot figure out how to remove. Its in a sleeve and I'm not sure if it comes out as one or if the sleeve stays to the dash? The 4 originals flat heads for the hood came off nice.

(quoted from post at 05:15:05 04/19/23) Pulled the plug on the hydraulics (needed the pipe, 2x12 and bottle jack trick). Nothing but water. Tires and hydraulic pump come off today. I've never taken the hydraulic top over off, with the arms and that sucker has some weight. The radiator looks nice.
I give guys credit for doing this for a living. Its' a lot of work

There's a indicator light of some sort in the dash that I cannot figure out how to remove. Its in a sleeve and I'm not sure if it comes out as one or if the sleeve stays to the dash? The 4 originals flat heads for the hood came off nice.
f you decide to part it out I'd be interested in the transmission top cover if yours is aluminum. Looks like it is from here. Would you E-mail me? Thanks'

It's aluminum but it has a chunk missing out of the side where the rubber boot goes. It looks like a common thing? Its going to the big farm in the sky (scrap yard) this week. The only thing left is the carcass, I stripped pretty much everything off.
I need the room to bring the boat home this weekend.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back