9n water pump gaskets

Ron Vale

Member
I am about to install a new water pump on my 9n.
The new pump has 2 gaskets.. one between the pump and the plate and one that came loose that goes between the plate and the block. Question,
should I put anything on the gaskets before installing? Anything on one and not the other?
Grease,gasket seal?
Thanks
PS any tips on the installaton?
 
I use sealer on both but it may not be necessary. Check the fit before putting sealer on anything. The last one I had the plate was not bent correctly and I had to use my old plate. Also check the neck where you slide on the radiator hose. I had one where the casting seam was raised and I could not stop the radiator hose from leaking. I had to remove and file seam smooth.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top