Satan In Church
People were in their pews talking at church. Suddenly,
Satan appeared at the front of the congregation.
Everyone started screaming and running for the front
entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get
away from evil incarnate.
Soon everyone had exited the church except for one elderly
gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seeming
oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was
in his presence.
So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you
know who I am?"
The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
"Don't you realize I can kill with a word?" asked Satan.
"Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.
"Did you know that I could cause you profound horrifying,
AGONY for all Eternity?" persisted Satan.
"Yep," was the calm reply.
"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.
"Nope," said the old man.
More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why
aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for 44 years."
People were in their pews talking at church. Suddenly,
Satan appeared at the front of the congregation.
Everyone started screaming and running for the front
entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get
away from evil incarnate.
Soon everyone had exited the church except for one elderly
gentleman who sat calmly in his pew without moving, seeming
oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was
in his presence.
So Satan walked up to the old man and said, "Don't you
know who I am?"
The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
"Aren't you afraid of me?" Satan asked.
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
"Don't you realize I can kill with a word?" asked Satan.
"Don't doubt it for a minute," returned the old man, in an even tone.
"Did you know that I could cause you profound horrifying,
AGONY for all Eternity?" persisted Satan.
"Yep," was the calm reply.
"And you're still not afraid?" asked Satan.
"Nope," said the old man.
More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, "Well, why
aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for 44 years."