A message for old

I just visited your Hobby Farm How true that poem should be. I am guilty of abusing automobiles when I was younger,I live close to some Amish people I have seen some young Amish driving their horses in a way that would be very scrutinized by their clan. There is a fishing lake about 11 mi. from their house I have seen them full trot, horse full lather,pulling buggy,with trailer made from buggy axel,and canoe. This was a bit back in time,but this poem brought this memory back.
 
Glad you liked it by I can not take credit for it. My wife does the web page so I sort of kick back and let her do it and the horses where suppose to be hers but I made a mistake and found one I liked and now I would not sell that horse for less then $1,000,000. And if I did my kids/wife would shot me. That horse taught my kids how to ride. Yes I said the horse taught them not me. This horse is so good you can put a 2 year old on her back and not worry about the kid. Every one from my grand kids to my dad has rode her and every one in between
Hobby farm
 
Well I can tell you she has very good taste.Of course you already know that,she picked you. Also I like Jesus with the dove at the top of the page.also the music. My step daughter sells Avon, been at it about a year now.Me I'm retired.Don't have a big tractor but I am partial to the ones I ran in the first 20 years of my life. Farmall H, M, MD ,John Deere A, Oliver 44 and a Ford 8n. Did'nt have kids till I was 25 [ Blamed it on the Oliver 44] it was a beast.I now have a small wood shop as a hobby,also play guitar.I played in a familey country gospel band called [The Natural High] we had 3 generations playing on stage at one time.til I lost my brother last year.My wife works at a boarding home for the elderly.I sure would like to come out and run that grader through the next parade but 50 mi. is a long trip for me now.I live in SW PA
 
Hey, Old Roy!! Where in SW PA. do you live? I'm near Pittsburgh. Franklin Park Borough! I still go out to pick my banjo with the bluegrass friends here abouts.
there are lots of things going on in the bluegrass scene. Email me, and i can send some info on the local stuff.
I'm still able to drive!
Rustyj
 
I am computer illeterate, Can't figure out how to send,recieve Email. I live about 4 mi. from Apollo,10 mi from Indiana.I still drive, I just don't like putting up with those. idiots,oops!! [I MEAN AGRESSIVE DRIVERS], Who think they are the best. I have a CDL class A Tank endorsment,With a good driving record I drove Pittsbrgh A lot when I was hauling fuel,Got tired of their peace sign, just because I was there. I didn't want to become one of them so I quit, I swore I'll never drive tractor trailer there again!!Not knocking your town But a guy could get shot there it's in the news every night.
 
Hey, Old, did you ever meet Johnny Whiteside? He was a gasoline tank driver, too. Lives about a half mile from me. And, i know what you mean about the rude drivers and their half a peace signs! Inconsiderate, to say the least, especially when you were delivering the life-blood fer their cars!
The Starlite Lounge, in Blawnox, has Bluegrass jamms every Tuesday night-free admission! Starts at 8pm, goes until at least 12 or later. Stop in, ask for Rusty Jones, and have a seat!
Note: Blawnox/ Starlite Lounge is on old Freeport Rd. Next to Fire/Police Station.Peaceful town!
 
To: Old Royagiin:
If you know where the old Griflo Park was, I have friends who live in the back of the park land, back a little side road off the main river road, near the gas company building, on park property, name of Kevin Daugherty. Last house in. If you can, stop in and ask them for my mail address, and send me your home address. That way, i can send you some flyers about bluegrass in this area. Mention "Hammitts", or Dad, if they look at ya kind of funny!
Rusty
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top