Actual wire plug wires

fuseblower

New User
I want to purchase replacement plug wires for my Ford 2000 3 cyl gas tractor.
I do not like the carbon wires but would rather actual wires instead. Anyone know where I can purchase them?
It would be nice to have the boots to fit the cyl head.

I do not like the carbon wires but would rather actual wires instead. Anyone know where I can purchase them?
Please consider this website that also sells parts in order to provide this free forum. Can be found via the "Tractor Parts" link at top of this page.

1706833346594.png

I just tried to order on line but they do not support canadian customers. The boxes open up for the USA only.
Welp, see that logo in upper right of this page? Parts ASAP is the parent company of Yesterdays Tractors.
And Parts ASAP is growing pretty big.
They do have three Canadian parts companies in their fold.
Might look here:
Fawcett Tractor Parts
and if you look on this page you might recognize more of their companies that are Canadian.
Locations

That is good info. thanks. I will check it out,
@DoubleO7 mentioned this to me. If you take the two numbers listed as "Item #:" in his post, and type those in the search at either Tractorpartsasap.com or Fawcett, it should come up with the correct part and either of those sites will accept the Canadian order. Our cart will change to what they are using later this year, but currently has a limitation where it only allows USA to be selected. The actual parts could be shipped to Canada if called in at the 800 number, but not through the cart.

@DoubleO7 mentioned this to me. If you take the two numbers listed as "Item #:" in his post, and type those in the search at either Tractorpartsasap.com or Fawcett, it should come up with the correct part and either of those sites will accept the Canadian order. Our cart will change to what they are using later this year, but currently has a limitation where it only allows USA to be selected. The actual parts could be shipped to Canada if called in at the 800 number, but not through the cart.
OK Thank You . I will call the number. I hope they have actual wire not carbon. :)

Attachments

• tractor12.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 7
OK Thank You . I will call the number. I hope they have actual wire not carbon. :)
Just ask them the question and they can research further if necessary. The description shows stainless core with silicone around it.

Here is's a nice article on the subject. Sounds like if it's stainless core, it would meet your concern. The article states the Carbon core breaks down faster but does a better job with RFI in automotive applications.

Last edited:
Just ask them the question and they can research further if necessary. The description shows stainless core with silicone around it.

Here is's a nice article on the subject. Sounds like if it's stainless core, it would meet your concern. The article states the Carbon core breaks down faster but does a better job with RFI in automotive applications.

Yes I have been readding up on various types. I don't need to worry about electronics on my 1972 Ford 2000 :) Thanks

I don't know what your issue is with carbon core I have them on all my tractors most came from Donner's (what I took off of a customers car). For a 3 cyl Ford I would make my own if I could find the spark plug boots.
Update I found them on the net : ) I need to get a few things from them will add to that list. I keep a set of Belden wires for a 1970 chebby 350 pick up that I use to make up wires for Ford N tractors for $35.00 I can get two nice sets out of those. I will say most cheap aftermarket plug wires a poor quality at best : (...

2nd to all of that. If you can’t get the YT stuff from here which does appear to be the solid core good kind find an 8 cylinder premade kit like hobo said and then you can have a spare. If you have a decent parts guy at napa (Who knows maybe you have CAPA) he will know where to look. He also can sell you the old style if you prefer. I have noticed on the 2 cylinders especially the vibration kills the new wires much faster that thump isn’t something a modern engineer is going to consider furthermore that tube is actually kind of a pain in the buns to run fairly long expensive wires through so even every 5 years I’d rather skip that. Also running over the top of a dead furrow on accident regardless the tractor color isn’t something he will consider they don’t have those at the company meeting at the golf course. Consider the use of your tractor and plan accordingly just about anything will get you through the parade.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back