advise on getting rid of unwanted rye

Without using chemicals. what is the best way to get rid of perennial rye? Plow it once, would that do it? I mowed and then disced it many times last fall and this spring, thinking it was finally dead and gone, but it came back AGAIN! My hang up now, is that I heavily seeded timothy/orchard/alfalfa/bluegrass this year spring, and now have a mix of good grass that I planted and that stupid rye that came back. I hate to tear up the whole pasture again because of all the time and money I put into seeding. Would it work to keep seeding and try to choke the rye out? Or will it always be there unless I start over again? I've been mowing the pasture lately, but the rye seems to like that and is coming in even thicker now.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but U.C. Davis is California's land grant school so the info will be correct, not something somebody heard down at the coffee shop. Link to the article:
https://wric.ucdavis.edu/information/natural%20areas/wr_L/Lolium_multiflorum-perenne.pdf

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back