Roy in georgia
Member
talked to Mr. Chastain today he told me that what is happening is when you drill you blow air in as you drill and the sand stone will have shelves that the veins feed in water as he drills the shelves get the particles in them and as the water finally comes through the blockage it washes in the fines and thus causing the sand. He also told me he never hit granite and set the pump at 150 ft. because there was no need to set it further he hit water around 80 and with the 20 gpm it was filling faster than I could pump it out. I asked him how he measured gpm he said the easiest way was to have a 5 gal bucket and stopwatch to see how long it takes to fill it up. and with the new veins I think it may even be better. I looked at the filter when I got home and no visible change in the amount of buildup after washing clothes and baths yesterday evening. Randy told me to call him next time he may have to come pull the pump and put something on the end to help filter.