All these speciality tractors!?

Is this all hype to drive up the price of certain tractors or were they decisions made by the "powers that be" in Chicago to satisfy unique parts of the US.

All this was done long ago and people who were "mere children" act like every tractor is a rare tractor.

Do not get me wrong! I grew up with red on the farm and our dealership, but it seems like everyday we find tractors that we think are different.
 
yup they made trctors for certian part of the country, like high crop, weatland, standard ,row crop, ochard, industrial, cotton high, They made alot less high crops and cotton highs then standard or row crops.
 
Ever notice that you vary rarely run across a straight-ahead, old-fashioned work tractor? They are almost non-existent on the auction block.

That's 'cause they are still out in the fields working just as they always have. These are the real tractors to my mind.

Just my view,

Allan
 
Well said Allan. I wonder every time I start one of my old M's or C's how many are working? If everything I ever owned held up like they have and are it would have made life a little easier.
 
You lost me -- what hype? Certain tractors such as the SMTA and SHV's and SMV's are probably priced higher than they should be, but that is just the market. But, you can consider the V and Hi Clear series to be specialty tractors that will often bring more money. For the most part the standard or wheatland tractors are not specialty tractors. The ordinary letter series tractors are advertised high, but I doubt if the seller gets his asking price -- there are simply too many to choose from.
 
Amen George and Allen. My ol crusty M is waiting for me to get back to the woods to load logs, and the H is going to get 3 point treatment so I can bushhog with it. I see Ms once in a while on big grain farms running augers. They are too small for most other operations on the big places, but on a medium/small size place they are still very viable.
 
Hi Bob. I don't as much since gas has been so high, but I work the snot out of my M's. They start every time. Other than gas, I seldom have to spend a dime on them. Don't think you can wear the things out if you take decent care of them. Sure will be glad to get my 350 back up and then the old H.
 
Hi George, Last weekend I bought a good used seat frame and pan for the H, new shock and a brand new pan with padding so I can put the plain steel pan on the M to replace the high back one it has now. Got a new battery box, IH temp gauge and a few other small things. Once I find a 3 point for it, I won't have any thing left to spend money on! Boy is that H gonna get a workout paying for all this! Anyone need bushhogging done? I will say that new seat is heaven for the butt!I wish I could park it in the livingroom and watch TV sitting on it. The girlfriend has to wave a porkchop to get me to climb off it!
 
Hi Allen, I saw a true blue beat to heck good ol fashioned worker at the Elnora show last weekend. It was a JD R that was owned by Amish. It had homemade steel wheels with rubber tire tread , no grill and original paint covered in bird crap and smelled like it had tailgated the manure spreader. That tractor was the one most people I heard talking about at the show! Boy it ran nice for a JD.
 
I put new seats on 2 of mine a few years ago when the kids were still little. The knotheads stabbed them with a pocket knife. I left them and one pan rusted completely out from rain soaking the padding. Gave 90 dollars a piece and they ruined both of them the first week they were on the tractor. Little boy down the street was with them that day, but don't know for sure who done it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top